|Prepare the substrate|
|Improves adhesion on walls and floors|
About this product
A styrene acrylate dispersion for the preparation of most substrates prior to the application of tile adhesives, levelling compounds or tanking systems. It regulates the porosity of the substrate, improves bond strength and reinforces the cohesion of the surface. It also aids the flow of levelling compounds and reduces air bubbles.
Features and benefits
- Manufactured under BSI Quality Assurance Scheme ISO 9001
- Regulates the porosity of surfaces prior to the application of adhesive or levelling compound
- Reinforces the cohesion of the substrate’s surface and improves the adhesion of mortars
- Reduces bubbling and aids flow of levelling compounds
- Priming substrates prior to the application of:
- tile adhesives
- levelling screeds
- Weber Ready mixed under-tile tanking system
- Priming porous and non-porous substrates
- Priming internal screeds, concrete and blockwork
- Prime and seal the surface of anhydrite screeds and plaster walls
- Suitable for concrete, anhydrite, plaster, wood, stone, vinyl, steel etc.
Do not use:
- on surfaces that are either wet or frozen;
- at temperatures below 10°C;
- if the relative humidity is above 70%.
|Substrate||Primer:Water ratio||Coverage (litres/m2)|
|Cement/Sand render or screed||1:3 – 1:5||0.20 – 0.40|
|Anhydrite (calcium sulphate) screed||1:3 – 1:5||0.20 – 0.40|
|Plaster or plasterboard||1:3 – 1:5||0.20 – 0.40|
|Ceramic or vinyl tiles||1:1||0.15 – 0.20|
|Timber, steel or asphalt||5:1||0.20|
|Application temperature||Between +10°C and +35°C|
|Drying time||1 – 5 hours|
Note: times quoted are at 20°C and are reduced by heat and good ventilation and extended at low temperatures.
Surfaces must be clean, dry, sound and free from dust, grease, wax, etc.
Remove any friable residues (peeling paint, old adhesive for vinyl tiles, laitance, etc).
Tiling Primer should be diluted with clean water according to the ratios given.
To obtain the correct mix ratio, always measure the water into a plastic container and add the concentrated primer. The solution should be mixed gently before use.
Do not apply Tiling Primer onto surfaces that are either wet, below a temperature of 10°C or if the relative humidity is above 70%.
Apply an even coating at a regular thickness with a soft brush or roller.
Complete coverage of all surfaces is essential.
Clean all tools immediately after use with water.
Drying takes between 1 and 5 hours at +20°C.
Tiling Primer must be dry before recoating.
Packed in 1kg plastic bottles.
Storage and shelf life
When stored unopened in a cool dry place at temperatures above 5°C and protected from frost, shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture.
Health and safety
Essentially not hazardous.
Not harmful during normal use.
After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
Keep out of the reach of children.
For further information, please request the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product.
Not sure which product you need for your DIY project?
Our easy-to-use product selector can help!
To the best of our knowledge and belief, this information is true and accurate, but as conditions of use and any labour involved are beyond our control, the end user must satisfy himself by prior testing that the product is suitable for his specific application, and no responsibility can be accepted, or any warranty given by our Representatives, Agents or Distributors. Products are sold subject to our Standard Conditions of Sale and the end user should ensure that he has consulted our latest literature.